Sunday, December 9, 2012

Journal #3


                I don't understand why Melinda keeps skipping school and her classes. I mean, I understand she has become depressed and is un-motivated to do just about anything and doesn't enjoy her life. You just would expect her to go to school and get the day over with because there isn't much else to do during the day while everyone else is in school especially since she does it by herself. I guess she just enjoys being alone that much more.

                I'm so tired of hearing about Andy (IT), I don't understand why he's putting effort into talking to her. He ruined her and he just tries to socialize. Does he not realize how much damage he has done? How affected Melinda is? How messed up he's made her. It's sickening. I just want her to transfer schools so she doesn't have to see his stupid face every single day and be so afraid. It frustrates me. If I were Melinda though, when she had seen Andy beside Fayette's, I would have immediately turned the other way and walked until he was out of sight. I don't know why she thought just standing there he wouldn't notice her, when obviously he would notice someone's presence. But I understand her being scared and not knowing what to do next.

                When Heather confronted Melinda, and how she pretty much "broke up" with her, I was raging. I can't stand Heather. From the start I had a feeling something like this would happen. It seemed like Heather has been using Melinda just to have around because she didn't have anyone else. What a b***h she was for saying that to her. Especially when she spoke about depression and how she's always in a bad mood etc. Like I don't get how you can say that. How can that be a reason not to be someone's friend? If anything, the friend should be there for her more. It's the time when the person needs someone most, just someone to talk to and explain what's going on and for them to be supportive. It really showed how much Heather really cared about Melinda... yeah not at all. I wanted to punch her. I had to stop reading at that point because I became so angry. I've seen stuff like that happen before between others because of depression. It's the most absolute dumbest and the b****iest thing you could do at that point. UGH.

 

                -Victoria

2 comments:

  1. I agree with what you were saying on the whole not going to school thing. I understand it might be hard and she might think it's better to not go but in reality it doesn't fix things and just makes it worse. I don't think she enjoys being alone all that much because when Heather "broke up" with her she suddenly wanted to do everything to make her stay friends with her because she didn't want to have no friends. I think she just feels like she has no one so she feels like the always needs to be alone and sometimes it's easier to be alone.
    -Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also agree that she shouldn't be skipping her classes for no reason. It's obviously really hard for her at school but as soon as high school is done she doesn't have to see any of those losers again so she should be focusing on school even more as a distraction and to make her future that much better.
    About the thing with Andy out side Fayette's I think you're right that she should have kept walking and he probably wouldn't have said anything to her but I kinda get why she just stood there. In her shoes I see that she's very scared of him and is panicking and does the first thing that comes to her mind to avoid him, stand still. But I do think you're right that he should just leave her alone because he has to know he hurt her. Maybe he just feels guilty and by being nice to her he's trying to make up for it? I don't know but he should take a hint and go away.

    -Sarah Izzard

    ReplyDelete