A lot happened in this section of the book. When I read the part about Melinda standing up to Heather I think I got a little too excited. I'm so happy she finally spoke up and told her off for mistreating her. Heather completely deserved what she got.
When Melinda tried to tell Rachelle about what happened to her at the party, I suspected Rachelle wouldn't believe it but I was still very mad. As Ivy said Rachelle is a b***h. She thinks Melinda lied about being raped because she was jealous of Rachelle. Reading that made me extremely furious and also made me realize she's full of herself and she's also not a good friend. I fell bad that Melinda has no one to rely on. She tried to speak up, and it doesn't go well. Instead Rachelle thinks she's a jealous liar.
When Andy tried to rape her again in the closet I was beyond furious, I was literally about to rip the book in half. He's a terrible human being. I kind of wished Melinda had stabbed him in the throat with the piece of glass she had. He deserved to die right there. But at least Nicole and her whole entire lacrosse team came to her rescue.
When I read the part about Melinda telling Mr. Freeman about what happened i was kind of confused. I thought she would tell her mom even though they weren't the closest family, or at least Ivy. I understand that Mr. Freeman and Melinda were very close but I thought it was kind of weird how she told him. At least she told someone and finally told someone who understands.
I really really liked this book. I would recommend this to anyone I know. Reading this shows you a teenagers experience in high school besides the fact that she was raped. It shows everything a teenager goes through such as.. losing friends, finding out which friends use you and which ones are your true friends.
-tina mahdavi
I thought I was the only one who got overly excited with her and Heather, I was so done with her. I think Rachelle was way too over confident with herself. I mean having confidence is good, but she has WAY too much. Which is why her accusation sounded completely psycho of her when she was saying how Melinda is just jealous of her and all. Like, get over yourself.
ReplyDelete-Victoria
The part with Rachelle made me so mad too! I wanted to go in there and slap some sense into her! The fact that this girl that she treated like s**t comes to talk to her and tells her about something as serious as rape and then she tells her she's just jealous! That's not something you joke about and Melinda should have called her out on that right then. I also agree that it was a little weird for her to confide in her teacher over her parents but the fact that they've been so cruel to her lately and getting mad at her over things almost out of her control I understand she would't want to talk to them either. Mr.Freeman was so nice to her all year and they built a friendship and a certain trust with each other over the year. When there's a teacher I really like I can see how she might be comfortable telling him something like that.
ReplyDelete-Sarah Izzard