Thursday, December 13, 2012

Journal #4


        I can't get over this. Honestly probably the best ending to any book I've ever read. I could not stop crying. I'm still crying. Melinda did it, she stood up to Andy. I was so happy, so overwhelmed with emotion. When I read that she bumped into someone, I knew it could only be Andy. Just her luck. I was afraid of what was going to happen next, I knew there'd be trouble. But Melinda deserved to say something. She hadn't said anything for so long and once she finally does she gets hurt by the one who first hurt her. It's what Andy deserved, he deserved to have karma come after him. He deserved to have Rachel dump his sorry a** (sorry I needed to say that). He deserved to have every girl talking about how much of a jerk he is. He did it to himself, he should've known better than to mess with someone so young, and to even rape someone in the first place is sickening. I was so happy when she finally said no. She was unable to say it the night she initially got raped because of how drunk and scared she was and she finally did, almost a year later. Better late than never, but she did it. I think Andy deserved more than just the piece of glass cutting him, I think she should have done more. But then again, during the whole book she was the bigger person, so I'm still proud. I'm so glad everything turned around or her. She finally found happiness, or at least she's getting to that point. She had her lowest moments in the duration of the book but in the end it all worked out. I never expected the ending to turn out the way it did, it came out of nowhere, but once I read how that one day in class she felt free and not scared to hide anymore I knew and was hoping things would turn out well for her. I honestly loved this book, from start to finish. It was so deep, and something people aren't very open about, it really hits the heart. Also it has become a common "trend" in teenagers lately so I think very many people would enjoy this book, or atleast be interested to hear Melindas story.
 
    -Victoria

2 comments:

  1. I was crying during the ending too, it was such an emotional book but I loved it. While reading the part with Andy in the closet I was scared as well. I agree with everything you said about Andy, he had it all coming for him. It's horrible for him to think he could do all those things not just to Melinda but to other girls too and get away with it.
    -Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the exact same way as you do about this book! There is so much emotion in it is is basically impossible not to get caught up in it. I feel like we were there with Melinda through all her low points and were there when she overcame them all. It made this book so much more emotional to read and so easy to get wrapped up in. I completely agree with how you feel about Andy! That d-bag is finally starting to get what he deserves! I was so relieved that people found them when he was trying to hurt her again, because like you said now there is no way he can get out of it. I hope that they sue him or charge him or at the very least never let him forget what he did so he has to live with the guilt every single day.

    -Sarah Izzard

    ReplyDelete