I am really interested in
the book Speak already. I feel like the
book was written from an experienced victim of bullying. I’ve seen people at
Sir Wil being treated the way Melinda is being treated and reading this book
makes me realize how the victim feels. I strongly dislike how Melinda doesn’t stand
up for herself. I know she probably feels like she’s going to seem like an attention
seeker and no one is going to believe her but I think she should at least tell
Heather so she has someone to talk to about it. At the pep rally when Melinda
was being bullied by the cheerleaders, I got so worked up over it even though
it was just a book, especially when Heather didn’t do anything. She didn’t even
stand up for her friend. I HATE HEATHER WITH A BURNING PASSION. She’s is a
terrible friend and I think Melinda would be better off not having any friends
then having her. Heather is actually a terrible friend. When Melinda went to
her house and Heather had an emotional breakdown she said some very rude things
to Melinda like, she is so negative and she never tries anything, that she just
mopes around like she doesn’t care that people are talking behind her back”
Although Heather apologized what she said was completely rude and uncalled for.
It’s already hard for Melinda not having any friends, let alone having her only
friend think negatively of her.
I feel really bad for
Melinda because none of her friends bothered to ask her about the night of the
party. No one bothered to see why she called the police. That frustrates me a
lot because Melinda is being misunderstood, and I know how frustrating it is to
be misunderstood by someone. It’s one of the worst feelings because no matter
what you do or say, their opinion of the situation won’t change.
Melinda doesn’t deserve any
of the drama at school, she did absolutely nothing wrong. On top of all the drama
at school her parents yell at her for her grades. I find Melinda is a strong
girl. She handles the situations at school and the constant complaining of her
parents, all on her own and she doesn’t complain to anyone about her problems.
-Tina Mahdavi
I got worked up over the cheerleader pep rally part too. I was so mad at the fact Melinda didn't stand up for herself but also mad that Heather didn't stand up for Melinda who's her "friend". I hate Heather too and agree that Melinda would be better off having no friends.
ReplyDelete-Monica
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI think you're right about how Melinda should stand up for herself. I feel really bad for her but if no one knows what really happened then she needs to say something because she's the only one who can change that! I feel bad too that her old friends didn't bother asking her about the night of the party. I have kind of mixed feeling though because if they're willing to drop her that easily then they weren't real friends from the start and she can do ALOT better. Heather needs to drop off the face of the planet so Melinda can find a real friend for once, I definitely agree on that. She needs better people in her life, she is having no luck.
ReplyDelete-Sarah Izzard