This book has gotten very interesting. In this part of the book, you find out a lot about Melinda and what exactly happened at the party. When I read the part where Melinda and Heather are eating lunch in the cafeteria, I got really mad. I have never really liked Heather but I couldn't believe she could abandon Melinda like that. She even said she knew Melinda was suffering from something but that she didn't want to be friends with Melinda until she sorted out her issues. I find that horrible because when someone is clearly suffering or is depressed, you don't ditch them for "better" or more popular people, you stay with them even if it means the other people won't like you or want to be friends with you. If the other people don't understand, they're not worth your friendship. Also, the way Heather said it to her was really rude and inconsiderate. I'd understand if Melinda did something and Heather was like "I don't want to be friends anymore" but Melinda did nothing and that's why I'm so mad.
I feel bad for Melinda with the Andy case. It seems that no matter how hard she tries, he always seems to find her. I also think he is making things worse by always making sure she knows he knows she's there. For instance, when she was walking to school and he came out of the parking lot and offered her a bite of his donut. He could've just kept going and ignored her, but he felt the need to show her that he recognized her and that he knew she was there. He is just a creep.
The night of the party, I felt so bad for Melinda. I know she was drunk and maybe she shouldn't have been but she obviously didn't think something like that would happen. Andy took advantage of her because she was weaker and drunk and nobody would've listened to her or believed her if she told them what he did. I understand why she called the cops and people should've asked her why she did it instead of yelling at her and hating her.
-Monica Bell
You said it so right about Heather mis-treating Melinda! Heather is just a really shallow person and if Heather is going to ditch her instead of trying to help her through a rough patch then Melinda should be the one dumping her! I think you're right about how Heather should have a better reason too. It made me so mad because it's not Melinda's fault that she feels that way. Heather should be more understanding about what she's going through so I definitely agree with you on that.
ReplyDelete-Sarah Izzard
I was so mad when I read that too. I was literally swearing at my book. I was beyond furious with Heather. Like she is the worst possible friend ever. When she told Melinda she didn't want to be friends with her I thought Melinda would be better off without her and that Heather would regret this someday.
ReplyDelete-Tina Mahdavi