Sunday, December 9, 2012

Journal #3 - Tina

My hate for Heather.........I HOPE SHE GETS RUN OVER BY A PACK OF ALPACAS. I hate Heather, shes a b***h!!! When I read that she didn't want to be friends with Melinda anymore because people would think of her as 'the weird girls friend', I wanted to break her face. Like I said in the other journal entries, Heather is a terrible friend, she knows Melinda is going through a rough time and instead of being there for her and helping her out she ditches her to be with the Martha's. When I was reading about Melinda finding one of the cards on her locker thinking it was David Petrakis, I was actually hoping it would be. I want Melinda to have at least one friend in high school. I feel really bad for her. It must be so hard having no friends and having to go through what she did at the party.
During the meeting with the Principal, guidance councilor and Melinda's parents, I thought it was funny when she started giggling because if I were ever put in a situation like that I would most likely start laughing too. I think Melinda should try talking to her parents more. I think she should become closer with her mom and tell her what happened at the party. I hate the fact that Andy hasn't been caught for what he did. I feel like Melinda's parents don't handle situations properly. When her mother found out about Melinda's wrist she didn't even care, she just told her she has no time for it and during the meeting when Melinda wouldn't speak, instead of trying to understand why she just started yelling at her, and making her feel worse.
After the basketball game, when David invited Melinda to go to his house and she refused I thought it was a smart move. Melinda barely knows David and she could have been raped again. Even though she was disappointed she didn't go to his party she made the right decision.
We learn more about what happened at the party when Melinda got raped. Reading this was scary, and awkward. When I  read the part that Rachel/Rachelle assumed Melinda called the cops because of the party, I got mad because she didn't even ask her why she called or why she was crying. She just assumed she called the cops to bust the party.
-Tina Mahdavi

3 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure we all hated Heather and knew she would eventually leave Melinda for someone better. I agree that it was horrible especially how she did it and how she said it. I actually disagree with the whole not going to David's little party thing. I feel as if David is a good kid and he's smart and he's always been nice to her but not too nice that it's weird. I don't think he would've raped her and I think she might've had fun if she went. I agree she should be cautious though and I understand why she said no.
    -Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Monica, I remember at the start of reading the book we talked about how Melinda would end up leaving her especially when we started talking about the Martha's. It makes her sound so selfish. I can't stand it. Tina I laughed way too hard about the whole Heather getting run over by alpacas hahaha! I wish maybe Melinda in the end would've told David, but then the ending would be so different, but it would be interesting to see how he'd react and go further into the book.

    -Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  3. You put that so well. Heather's like a waste of a person. Okay that's a little harsh but she's so horrible, you're right! I hope the Martha's knock some sense into her and show her how great Melinda was to her! Heather should not have given her a valentines card to thank her for going away, that's pushing it even farther. She's just lucky Melinda hasn't started standing up for herself yet or she would be in for a lot of trouble. I still think her and David could become a lot closer and the fact she talked to him willingly would show him maybe he should start paying more attention to her! I think going to David's would have been good for her but based on past experiences I think you're right and that she did make the right decision for herself.

    -Sarah Izzard

    ReplyDelete