Speak was
an amazing book. I’m so glad I had the opportunity to read it because it made
me think a lot and feel a lot of different emotions. The last section of the
book was probably my favourite and, in my opinion, the most well written. The
ending of this book was so great although I didn’t expect it at all. I was so
happy for Melinda because she finally told someone what happened.
When Melinda
tried to tell Rachel what happened during their study hall period, I was so
relieved. I thought maybe Rachel would actually believe her because she seemed
so concerned for her. When I read what Rachel said I was furious. I couldn’t
believe that she would think someone would lie about something like that.
Obviously that’s not something you joke about.
When Andy
tried to rape her again I got so upset until the lacrosse team found her. At
that point of reading it I got so happy and relieved because someone finally
found her and she finally had the perfect opportunity to tell someone.
Actually, she didn’t even need to tell anyone because people actually saw and
witnessed it and I was so happy about that. It wouldn’t have to be his word
against hers or people not believing her because she had proof and witnesses
now.
In the last
few paragraphs of the book, I was shocked but really happy that she told Mr. Freeman
about what happened. When I thought she would tell someone I kinda thought it
might be her teacher but seriously doubted it, and thought maybe she’d tell Ivy
or even her mom, although now that I think about it, it does seem unlikely. The
end of the book had closed very well in my opinion. Although, like any good
book I read, I was craving to know more about what happened next.
I think
everyone should read this book, both boys and girls. Most people would think
this is more of a girl book, but I think it’s pretty evenly split. It could
show a girl what to do and what not to do if she unfortunately gets put in a
situation like this. It could show boys what would happen if they did something
this horrible to a girl. My thoughts on this book is that it was haunting, but
in a good way.
-Monica Bell
The fourth quarter was my favorite part too! I completely agree with all the seriousness about the rape and Rachelle not believing her. I mean, I understand she was mad at her and all for the longest time, but you don't joke about that. No matter who it was that told me that, an old friend or someone I hardly know I'd obviously take it seriously. I couldn't imagine being in that position and having someone call you a liar like that. Completely shocking.
ReplyDelete-Victoria
I agree with both of you guys, the fourth section was the absolute best. I was also really happ when the lacrosse team busted Andy when he tried to rape Melinda again. You should have seen my reaction when I read it. Im so glad they caught him.
ReplyDelete-Tina Mahdavi