Wow I was so shocked by the ending of this book. This section ended the
book perfectly in my opinion. I love how the author showed Melinda growing and
changing throughout the book and the way she stands up to Andy in the end is
perfect! This part made me cry like she finds a way to express herself through
gardening and art and gets up the courage to not only speak up but to confront
her ex-best friend AND stand up to Andy! I didn't expect this at all but I
think it fits so well with how the story was progressing. I could tell when I
was reading the other parts that eventually Melinda would snap and find her
courage and finally get out the secret she was holding in for so long but the
way the author shows this is incredible.
This book was so good; I would definitely recommend it to any
of my friends because it touched me so much. The author did such a good job
relating it to how teenagers think and feel right down to the way she spelled
words and phrased sentences I’m sure that people who don't really
like reading that much would enjoy this book. Well girls more than boys. I love
how Melinda finally stands up to Heather as well! It made me sooooo happy that
she could finally have the courage to tell that b***h how she feels. I would
have been so mad if she actually helped her set up prom. I'm so glad Heather
flopped. Maybe it taught her a lesson to value her friends more because you
never know when you'll actually need one!
At the end of the book when the girls come in the art room and one of
them tells her they hope she's okay made me cry so much oh my gosh. It touched
me so much and made me feel so happy for Melinda that after all the crap people
put her through she's finally catching a break. I feel like her life would just
keep getting better from then on because she had to have hit her low point for
a while and things are starting to be looking up for her. I really want there
to be another book continuing her life because we never found out what happens
with her and David or even with her and her old friends! There are a lot of
questions left un-answered. Ivy was being friendly with her, Rachel/Rachelle
listened to her and Nicole helped her out in her fight with Andy. I really
wonder if she's going to work things out with them and maybe become friends
again! And with David, he said when he was lecturing her about her presentation
that he only shows so much concern towards people he cares about so I still
really hope that they end up dating. I'm sure he could understand and continue
helping Melinda get over her traumatic experience.
- Sarah Izzard
The book touched me so much as well, it's one of my favorite books. I hope Laurie decides to write a second book on Speak in the future,I really hope things for Melinda get better as time goes on as well. I want to hear about her going to a therapist or something. It would help her a lot to realize she isn't the only one who has to go through it and it would also send a good message to teens as well to speak up again even further.
ReplyDelete-Victoria
To be honest I disagree with you, I kind of wished the ending of the book told us more about what happened to Andy Evans after he got caught raping Melinda the second time in the closet. But I do agree with you when you say this book was realy good, it is one of the very few books I was actually fascinated by.
ReplyDelete-Tina Mahdavi