Heather made me really angry in this section because of the way she was treating Melinda. It was like Melinda was her second option all the time, like she wasn't good enough. If I was Melinda i wouldn't put up with that because that is just rude. Heather seems to do everything she possibly can to make new friends, different friends, and fit in with a clique. I really don’t think this is a good idea because these girls really don’t seem to care about Heather the way a true friend would, they seem to only care about what she could contribute to their group. I don’t think the friendship between Melinda and Heather is going to last but she's Melinda’s only friend really so that’s really sad I find.
Thanksgiving in her house made me sad. In family we get together with other relatives and have a nice time with family all weekend. The fact that her parents are fighting, working and making Melinda’s life miserable is just not right. They're ruining a happy holiday all about being thankful for what you have. Melinda doesn't seem to have much to be thankful for at the moment so the least her parents could do would be to get along for the holidays and set a good example for their kid. If that were my parents I would have told them off instead of hide in my room. Maybe they don’t realize how much they are affecting her. When she scratches herself hiding in the closet with a runaway note on the desk and all her mom tells her is that she doesn’t have time for behavior like that. Melinda really needs to talk to someone, maybe not her parents but someone, because there’s obviously something weighing on her mind and if she doesn't let it out soon then I’m scared for what might happen next.
-Sarah Izzard
I feel as if Melinda's parents don't know how to deal with Melinda and her behaviour. I'm not saying what her mom did was right because it clearly wasn't but her parents don't seem to realize how much their affecting her and it's actually really sad. The whole Thanksgiving thing was sad too but there was really nothing Melinda could've done to fix it.
ReplyDelete-Monica Bell
Melinda's parents seemed as if they just didn't care. Well maybe they did and just didn't know how to react. But I mean just giving her a book wasn't going to do much. I think it just made Melinda more sad because she thought maybe now that they know they would be there for her and it would be different, and I wish it was. But maybe it was just an instinct reaction.
ReplyDelete-Victoria