Monday, December 10, 2012

Journal Entry #3 - Sarah Izzard

This book just keeps getting more interesting the more you read. This section finally answers the question I've been wondering since the beginning; what happened at the party. It all makes so much more sense after reading past this part about why shes so upset and what it is that shes so scared to tell. The fact that in the last section the guidance counselor  principal and her parents talked to her and couldn't get her to talk showed me that it had to be a serious reason for her to be so closed and upset. Finally we know that Andy raped her the night of the party. When I read that part I just felt sick. The way it happened could so easily happen to any one and it makes the fact that everyone hates her so much worse almost because it for the reason that she called the police. What they don't know is what happened to her that night for her to feel the need to call the police and it makes me so mad that shes being penalized for this. I really think she needs to tell someone about it soon because it seems like her life would be so much better if she did. Everyone including her old friends would realize how wrong they were because she was really the victim in all this and she could get so much help in support if she would just tell someone.

Another thing when I was reading this section was that I realized how right I was about Heather not being a good friend. It made me so angry reading the part where Heather basically sat her down and told her they weren't friends anymore. Melinda is obviously in need of friends and Heather's reason for not wanting to be around her anymore is so shallow its sick. She feels like Melinda is too depressed and even goes as far to tell her that until shes happy again not to bother talking to her. I wanted to punch Heather. That shallow b***h is hating on the only person who was nice to her just to fit in with the stupid Martha's. None of them are her real friends but if Heather is going to be such a jerk to Melinda then she's perfect for the Martha's because I think that they're all b***hs too.

Melinda really needs someone in my opinion so maybe she should consider befriending David. He obviously thinks of her as a nice enough person considering he invited her over for pizza. Shes really overprotective of herself obviously because of what happened to her at the party but out of all the people shes talked about I think David would be the best person to be friends with. He shows that he will stand up for what he believes in based on what happened with Mr. Neck and he seems genuinely nice. I hope that him and Melinda become closer or maybe even date. I think that would be so cute and it would show all the jerks she goes to school with that she doesn't need them and they can take their hate somewhere else.

-Sarah Izzard


1 comment:

  1. I thought Melinda and David should date too. I actually think they would be adorable and he might be able to help her with her issues and raise her self-esteem. He's one of the only people who are genuinely nice to her. David seems strong enough that she could even tell him about her being raped and he would take it really well and get her the help she needs without abandoning her.
    -Monica

    ReplyDelete